The Chinglish Collection
One of the best things about living in China is that you are exposed everyday to a bombardment of assaults on the English language known by expats as "Chinglish." No drunken nonsense hatched in your skull could possibly match the grammatic shenanigans concocted by Chinese students of English.
And who can argue with the stark mandate to "come down from your bicycle?" Who can ignore the edict to enoy upright bowel evacuation, or the courtyard stone that is "pregnant with the open and aboveboard meaning?"
I harvested most of these slogans from my students' school supplies while in the classroom. If you've got some Chinglish you want to share, YOUR SUBMISSIONS ARE WELCOME!!!
On a Backpack:
- Rono Kids Dasa Rono is hereby certified taht the Trade Mark is a specimen of whichis hereunto annexed has been registered in bags high class
From Pencil Cases:
- A shadow painted whereyes, a shadow must fall.
the cow's breath not forgotten...
- life is painted noly red, green, but also in grey and dard.
Let us welcome life with smiles whatever it is.
- Green Dreams, gift of the gods, and in this achievement effort.
both inward and outward. must play a great part
- Think me not unkind and rude, that I walk done in grove and glen; I go to the god of the wood.
- Best wishes for my Best friends and welcome To our little happy world.
When you have problem, Remember me.please.
- Cool Dogs
Welcome to Cool Dog's Happy little world BEST WISHES FOR YOU
- I now dend you infinite blessing at every each other for youth and joy!
- Drip such acrid fragrance. Miffy 45th Anniversary in 2000
- Skipper's Schedule
Fishing the seas for a fishy story for the fishmonger.
- Child Wonder
The only excercise I get is when I take the studs out of one shirt and put them in another
- New Taste
Many reason have been put forward for napolean fame, apart from those put forward by napolean himself.
- Dear my friend, Bob.
Hi! Bob, How are you? I'm in the pink of health Do you know that plastic model car race is now very popular in our school? My car is "BOB Special No. 2" which you gave me some time ago. It's really the best one which has been never failed to keep first place at all races.
- Snoopy for PRESLDENT
Weber for Lunch
* Editor's note: The drawing on this pencil box showed Snoopy and Woodstock.
- King of Line
Wisdom is better than Strength
If you want more Chinglish, check out the pages I've added!